Friday, June 19, 2009

Anticlimax

"I was a loner as a child. I had an imaginary friend, I didn't bother with him"
- George Carlin

So clubbing last night was not at all what I expected it to be. The night began with my friend stopping by to pick me up. She had also brought her friend who was cute but also taller than me. Story of my life. We had a couple of drinks and left for the club. We couldn't get into the first club because of ID problems, so we headed for another club. And let me tell you, this club was the most dirtiest and scandalous club in the city. Young women dancing on the bar around poles and I don't even want to get into what the bathroom was like. This was definitely not my typical environment. So I was forced to drink more. I bought a round for my friend's friend and my friend's sister and myself (my friend doesn't like to drink). Then I found a nice wall and a seat next to it and I became a wallflower. Thank goodness everyone I came with got bored and we all left.

That was my night. I woke up this morning and realized I had tipped the girl giving us drinks, $8 which was a %100 tip. I felt like a clown with average sized feet. Good news is when I was searching for a quote today I came across this book, The Perks of Being a Wallflower (Paperback). Story of my life minus the perks. I will be reading this soon.

7 comments:

Katie said...

The Perks of Being a Wallflower is an awesome book! I haven't read it in years, but remember every piece of it. I hope you like it.

Also, the Catcher in the Rye is a book that I think you would like, just by reading your blog. Have you ever read this before?

I'm sorry it wasn't all you imagined out last night. It usually isn't. Even though I'm also 24, I don't do clubs. Most of my friends don't. I'm much happier sitting around a table sipping on a beer, playing some trivia.

Omega said...

Catcher in the Rye was a great book. I think I'm drawn towards those characters I can relate to them. Although he was a lot more depressed. I don't think I will be going clubbing at all ever again or any time soon if I can help it. Playing trivia does sound like fun.

Cooking Asshole said...

Real men don't go 'clubbing' so feel better you didn't enjoy it.

Omega said...

Good to know, now I'm one step closer.

Candice said...

Sorry last night sucked for you. I was never much of a club goer myself. I do like the social scene, but I'm more of a bar/live music type of gal.

Give that a try, and break out of that shell! :)

Unknown said...

You'll love Perks of Being a Wallflower, it's one of my favourite books. And actually, right away you reminded me of Charlie.

Diana said...

Not everybody enjoys clubbing. Maybe it's just not your thing. Find what *you* like to do (hiking, skiing, traveling, cooking, technology, whatever it is). Maybe you'll meet a girl who shares your interest.

Post a Comment