Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Interacting with the Populace

“The rate at which a person can mature is directly proportional to the embarrassment he can tolerate.”
- Douglas Engelbart

Having just started my blog I decided to visit other blogs to get an idea of how things work. I came across a blog entitled Secret Life of Tova Darling. In her most recent post she recounted an awkward childhood story and then invited other bloggers to take part and share some of their most awkward moments. So here is mine.

Back in 6th grade during a french lesson I sneezed and farted at the same time. The entire class turned their heads towards me and started laughing. Naturally I thought my life was ruined. I think I avoided further ridicule, from the girls anyway, because I was so quiet and innocent. That, or perhaps like Tova said, someone else's embarrassing moment overshadowed mine. Of course there are other more embarrassing moments, but most make me squirm at the thought of them.

2 comments:

Pia said...

Of course you can have the award! Take it.

Rory said...

That's not too bad. In the 7th grade, we had spaghetti for lunch and I had just shoveled in a mouthful. Then, I sneezed.

All I remember is about a hundred screams, as the girls ran away from me in horror. I had sneezed spaghetti out of my nose, with a few strands still hanging there.

Wasn't pretty. Thankfully, my Dad was in the military and we moved at the end of the school year.

Post a Comment